The Joy it REALLY is!

Well, we have once again packed up the wagon and have headed out on the trail of homeschool adventures!

I was planning to take a break until August. Then the reality of what life is really like without a schedule began to wear me out. I spent countless hours trying to put a curriculum list together. Then I found that just separating things into boxes by subject material worked better. I also recently purchases a three hole punch and some binders. This will aid my organization of my son's portfolio's for our Portfolio reviews with the school district.

Highlights so far: Ocean is beginning to take himself to the potty! He has also enjoyed the privilege of traveling to the store wearing underwear! Ocean mimics near everything August does: good or bad. So, he is learning much from watching August learn and work. He used safety scissors today with much elation.

August is getting much practice in writing his name. We are beginning copy work. He doesn't enjoy this sit down portion...but, he is growing into it. He can read to himself now! He has learned to sound out words that he doesn't know...so his quiet time has become much more enjoyable to him. We are studying weather, and specifically Thunderstorms and Tornadoes. Mostly to educate in order to reduce fear and to add to Brian's delight in seeing his prodigy learn about his field of work. We are also studying the earth; rocks, layers of earth, volcanoes, etc.

For me, even though I am not to the organized state of mind that I wanted to be in...I am much more relaxed and finding joy in each day as we live life with a routine rounded outlook versus a free for all one. Each day is a growing experience and I am growing just as much as August and Ocean are and it is JOYFUL to learn all over again the majesty of God's creation and handiwork.

Comments