Haiku & Art

One of the books in our Sonlight Curriculum is an introductory to poetry.  I think it compliments our history study very well and I am enjoying the wonder of poetry with my sons.  If you perhaps are trying to avoid goblins, ghosts, ghouls and witches - this book might not work well for you.  It has E. E. Cummings and Shakespeare verse within that covers death and the other world. 

One of my favorite things to do in home education is to combine as many subjects into one project as possible.  If I can incorporate art into the project, even better I say!  So, here are some examples from our study of Haiku.

We used poster board, acrylic paint, a vertically cut apple as our "brush", a smaller brush, a black sharpie marker, a blustery day, our neighbors Sequoia for inspiration and two creative boy's minds.

August's Haiku

Ocean's Haiku

Comments